Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wholly Committed

Wholly Committed:

Good morning ladies!  I am trying this blog thing again and hopefully I do it right!  God has really convicted me about being wholly committed to Him.  I have really been thinking about what that actually means.  It means that everything I say, do, watch, think about etc... should be with a heart like Jesus.  I have been known to just blurt out the first thing that comes to mind without thinking about how its going to effect the person I'm saying it to.  I am learning to take a deep breath (I call it my Jesus breath) and think about if what I am about to say will lift someone up or tear them down.  I'm not saying I do this every time, but the more I do it, the more peace I have and the people around me have....ie..my family!!  I also have been convicted on the amount of TV I watch and being more selective on what I watch.  This is a struggle for me, because I admit that I like to watch TV a lot.  Please pray for me!  Have an awesome day! 

Love, Christy

3 comments:

  1. Jesus breath! I LOVE it! I could stand to take some Jesus breath's sometimes before I speak as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog Christy!! Thank you for sharing. I like your Jesus Breath. Just this morning at work, I got a follow up call after a follow up email on something I did not have an answer to. This person knew it was out of my hands but was getting impatient. When I heard her voice, I let out a huff which I know she heard but then I was convicted and so I put a smile on my face and explained the situation to her once again. I know she is feeling pressured and that is why she is "following up" with me. I need to take a "Jesus breath" before I answer the phone. My customers deserve my best. Thanks for this reminder. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus breathe, I love that, how often do I need to pause before I say something. Thanks for the reminder that it is up to me to encourage someone and lift them up ,not tear them down, praying for you as you continue to say #Yes to God
    Marilyn V (OBS Group Leader

    ReplyDelete